I never thought I would make it through the three weeks at the gifted summer camp I do. But I managed. It wasn't as fun as it was last year....perhaps because I was back in management and not working with the kids on a daily basis. Whatever the reason, I'm glad to be finished. However, the camp seems to follow me into my regular life. I picked up the mail yesterday and their was a note from the Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau. According to them, my car was parked illegally in a red zone on August 8. Now here is the kicker, I wasn't even driving my car - Chris was (for the summer program - he worked there too). However, he was letting someone out of the car and was circling around to pick them back up. According to the ticket, we left before they could put the ticket on the car so they used the camera to know where to send it. I'm pissed off about the whole thing. As far as I'm concerned the job we worked for can pay the ticket since instead of renting a car to do business runs they had Chris use ours. But now I have to spend the little bit of time between meetings to call and get all of this settled. However, this is the real kicker - the ticket was issued on the 8/8/08 and you have 21 days from the date the ticket is issued. But they didn't draft the letter to me until 8/19/08 or drop it into the mail until 8/21/08. Eating up 14 days plus 2 days travel time so 16 of my 21 days are gone. Freaking ridiculous! I don't know who I'm calling to bitch out but someone is in for it.
I went back to work this past week to begin setting up my classroom. Once again, I changed rooms so it was a big production. I'm very happy with the outcome. Pics are available on my website at http://www.msjensenclass.com/ClassPictures/class_pictures.htm
I have about 5 extra feet in this room which truly makes all the difference in the world. I'm also looping with my class from last year, which means I'll be teaching the same group of students. I'm really excited about it. They were a fun group and I loved their parents. Plus to be honest, I don't think the incoming group of 4th graders that I was supposed to get could have handled me. I think my expectations would have been too much for them (or perhaps really their parents).
Well this is about it. Tomorrow I get to look forward to a weeks worth of meetings before we begin school next week. Go ahead - ask me what these meetings are about. Well we spend a good portion of them reading through the parent/student handbook page by page word for word. Yes, exciting and productive! So you can understand why I need to get a good nights sleep. I figure that meeting will put me in the perfect mood to call about that ticket!
No comments:
Post a Comment