Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Floods in Arizona!!

Hi Everyone ~

So as we were walking the students out of school at the end of the day, we watched some very dark clouds roll in. By the time I left (about 30 minutes later) it began raining. However, I was not prepared for what I saw. Every single street was flooded!!!! And I don't mean sort of - I mean FLOODED! It was crazy and can I just mention I hate driving in that type of situation.

So I came home and took Mack out for a walk when it began to just drizzle and snapped some photos of the wreckage. :-)

This picture is of a tree. The trees roots don't get deep into the ground. They are barely in the surface so when it gets this wet the roots can't stay in the soggy ground. Unfortunately this fell onto a car.

This is right out back of our apartment. It came up to my knee. And over Mack's head....just kidding I didn't make him go into it. :-)

This is a sidewalk out by our apartment - now a raging river!!!

All in all it's a crazy day. Had one kid run out of the classroom yelling - thankfully my mentor handled that one!! :-)

Tomorrow I am in charge of the morning routine - attendance, collecting lunch money and having them begin their morning work. Whoo hoo - moving on up. No actually it is exciting. It's amazing how many times I have been observing the class and actually knew what I would say in that particular situation. Which is good -because many times I would have been completely lost.

Well need to go. I have an evening class today and tomorrow night is curriculum night at school. I need to think of what I'll put on my slide.

Katie

No comments: