Thursday, August 04, 2005

The grades are in...

Well I finally received my grades for all my classes I've been taking this past spring semester. I had twelve classes in all.

I officially earned eleven A's and one B. Whoo hoo!!!!!!

I have been starting at the Elementary school. It has just been set-up week and we had meet the teacher night at school today. It was good - I met the parents and most of the students we have. I was in charge of making the bulletin board that is outside the classroom door - wait until I take pictures of this thing!!! It is awesome. I painted a giant pirate and treasure chest and put them on an island with a palm tree. He is so cool looking. I even laminated him so he can be used again and again. I'll take a photo tomorrow and show you all. I'm so proud.

My first observation is on August 30 - that is where I teach the class (a math lesson - yuck!!) and get observed by my mentor teacher and my university advisor. Talk about stressful. However, Heather is my mentor teacher and she is great. I think as long as I watch and listen to her, I'll do fine. But it is still a little nerve wrecking. But I can't even begin to tell you about the difference getting up for work has been. I've been showing up about 15-20 minutes early each day....instead of late. :-) It's great. Now I'm sure once the kids are back and I have a couple rough days it will be harder but I'm sure I'll push through it all. I just feel happier and not weighed down.

Well I better get to bed. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Love Katie

No comments: