Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The Bacon Burial

Now that Christian and I live in the valley, I had to find some new food places to frequent.  Thankfully, we have an all American donut shop right down the street from us - ironically called USA Donuts.  Now, before you have visions of me engorging myself with donuts, read on.  This place doesn't just serve donuts, but the best bagel breakfast sandwiches in the WORLD! No, seriously.

So, while I'm on this extended summer vacation they call "Maternity Leave" I get to do my daily walk with Kenzie and then head on over to the donut shop.  I get my Thai Iced Tea and a ham, bacon, egg and cheese bagel.  They are so deliciously good, I could eat one every day (and I think I'm close to that goal).  Anyway, so the other day I went and got my usual and came home.  In between eating and trying to take care of Kenzie, I must have dropped a small piece of bacon on the quilt on the floor.  I didn't notice it until our cat, Samson did.

I watched as Samson sniffed the bacon and batted it around with his paws a little bit.  I figured it would be interesting to see him eat it because Christian REFUSES to give Samson any type of people food at all.  (So yes....I guess I'm the parent that bends the rules a little bit.....we won't tell Kenzie that though.)  So here is Samson sniffing the bacon and just when I thought he was going to eat it........  Next thing I know, Samson is using his paws to use imaginary kitty litter to cover the piece of bacon.  He continues to do this until his paw finally catches the end of the quilt and he flips the quilt over the bacon.  He sniffs around and satisfied, he walks away.

Now picture me with a half eaten bagel sandwich in my hand loaded up with bacon trying to comprehend that my cat thinks this particular bacon that I'm in the process of consuming is in fact crap that needs to be covered by imaginary kitty liter.  For some reason that sandwich didn't taste as fabulous as it usually does......

1 comment:

Patti Soelter said...

Hee hee. Cats also do that when they want to bury/hide something they like and want to save for later. He was gonna eat that little piece of piggy for lunch later!