Monday, September 05, 2011

Wow....things have changed!

Ever sit down and reflect on yesteryear? A friend of mine recently posted her link to her new blog (follow Megan - it's all about food and drinks and who the heck doesn't like that?!?) and it got me thinking......dude - I have a blog too! And have for years. But alas, it's been years since I posted. I was reading some of my back entries and was like - WOW. Life has certainly changed (for the better I might add).


Since last time I posted, I have met an amazing man (need landscaping - Christian's your man!), got engaged (a fabulous ring if I say so myself), got married (in the outskirts of upstate NY), got pregnant (got morning sickness too but I digress), got a new cat (watching him kill and eat a bug right now!), moved into a new home (2 bedrooms and a den!), and finally had my baby. Yes my friends.....life has certainly changed.


No longer is life just about me. No....now it's about me, a husband, a daughter and a cat. And while sometimes it can be a bit stressful, it's also pretty damn awesome. Let me give you a glimpse into just one of those stressful situations (because they seem to be funnier and more disgusting than the awesome situations.....I'm just sayin').


Stressful: Running around with my baby (aka Kenzie) doing some errands. Drive 5 miles out of my way to find a Starbucks with a drive-thru. Why you ask? Because it's just easier then lugging around a child in a car seat. With the drive-thru, it's BAM - order coffee and have it neatly handed to me through my car window. Compared to finding a parking spot, which needs to be close since I now need to carry a baby in a car seat too while juggling my keys, wallet and when it's all said and done....coffee. Go inside, order a coffee while keeping an eye on the baby and silently praying that no one coughs or tries to touch her with their germ filled hands.....let's be honest. I don't know what the hell you were just touching.


No.....getting coffee is not what it used to be. Hence I will drive 5 miles out of my way for the drive-thru. Starbucks should have more of those in my opinion.


But getting coffee isn't the stressful situation I was originally going for. No.....my stressful situation is the day I have Kenzie with me as I pick up my new phone. I happily entered the Sprint store getting ready to pick up my new phone with a WORKING camera. Lady there is getting it all ready and transferring over all my stuff, when Kenzie starts to cry. Ugh - those of you who know me, know how stressed out this makes me. I am now the person with the crying baby. Yes. I know it happens and I should just deal with it but man I hate it. Well, the crying continues and continues. No amount of rocking the car seat or making crazy faces at her will make her happy......and then I hear it. The sound no human, yet alone a cute little baby should make. But I think, "Oh good.....she should be happy now with all that pressure gone from her tummy.". But no....the crying continues. Finally I can't take it anymore and I unbuckle her from the eighteen billion buckles that hold her in and scoop her out and OH MY SWEET JESUS! She has crap all over her backside. And it's now on my arm too. I am grossed out. So is the Sprint lady but she's doesn't show it (must be a veteran mother).


What to do? What to do? So I do what any good mother would do. I wipe my arm on Kenzie (she's full of it already, what's the big deal?????) and strap her back in the carseat. Grab my phone and head on home. Yes, folks.....I made my daughter sit in her own crap. Tag me whatever you'd like. First time mom, child abuser, or a pro.....whatever. I did what I had to do. I sped home and right into the tub she went. I only hope that if this EVER happens again, that she is with her father. :-)




I know....it's impossible to think that this sweet looking child is the center of that horrible story. But she is.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Ulsh said...

LOL I love it! I have always said that Starbucks NEEDS a drive thru. You are lucky that you found one out your way...I would love to find one! Usually when Brendan cries I cry as well lol :). Love your blog I should start one of my own! It must be nice to look back on the years!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!!!! The crap on your arm. I would have given anything to see your face and then the Sprint lady's!! LOL
Thanks for the laugh!