Saturday, June 11, 2005

Only thing to do is wait.....

Hello Everyone ~

Well, I finally took the AEPA test today and should get my results in about one month. The AEPA is the teacher certification test. Don't ask how I feel about it....I don't know. I just hope I don't have to retake it. Otherwise that was $200 down the drain.

Other than that things are going good. Chris and I did move a few weeks ago and we are all settled in. Only took about two days to get things organized. I couldn't handle having this place a mess. The spare bedroom could look a little bit better but it is housing everything that we used to have in the garage at the old place.

The new place is nice....depending on who you ask. No really I like it but sometimes I do feel that it's a little ghetto. After all, Chris and I just moved out of a two bedroom townhome which was only a couple years old. This place was built in 1989. Oddly enough, it feels more like a home to me than the other place. I've actually hung up pictures and things like that. My next project is getting together our "trinket" cabinet. What is a trinket cabinet you ask? Well let me tell you. It is when the apartment people run out of money and instead of putting a door and a backing on a cabinet they leave it open. And voila...you have a trinket cabinet. You may think I'm kidding but I'm not. When we first walked into the place, I was like what the???? My mom wasn't too impressed either. So when the apartment guy came around to see if everything was all right I said no. As a matter of fact I think I said, "Yeah things are okay except for one main thing" and I led him over to it. He laughed and said (get this) "Everyone says that. That is your trinket cabinet". I looked at him and said I'm not a trinket type girl. Give me a darn brake!!! Fork up about $20 and complete the cabinet. They won't but they did provide me a shelf for it. Talk about service!!!!

Then two days after moving in, we found out some ladies truck was stolen (right outside our window) and later found out that it was the 4th one in two weeks. Yes, they say we are in Ahwatukee but I believe we are really in Ghettotukee. But just the same I like the place. Figure that out.

Other than that nothing is really going on. I only have about 49 days left before I leave my job. As a matter of fact they even posted it. It was almost a little sad....almost but than I worked on Thursday and had to put up with some idiots who have forgotten that our purpose there is to make the hotel money - which amazingly enought ties into my job title - Catering SALES Manger and would you believe they had the nerve to question me on taking a last minute piece of business. So guess what - no it's not THAT sad.

Chris is going to be going back to Minnesota soon. That is sad. I'll miss him. I think he'll be gone for 7 whole days! However, it will give me time to finish up some last minute classwork. I think I'll even have a couple days off from school. Whoo hoo!

The writing classes are going well. My teacher even suggested that after I make some changes to a creative non-fiction paper I wrote to submit it into the contest they have this fall. So that made me happy. I even had a few classmates choose mine as the one to critique and 3 out of 4 really had great things to say about it. Of course, oddly enough the one who wasn't 100% for it was a man. So I'll take that with a grain of salt. :-) I thought this paper would be hard because you had to draw on your personal experience and I didn't know what to do. However, I realized that I have been through a lot of things in my young young (young) life. :o)

Well that is about it. Hope all is well with everyone.

Take care,

Katie

No comments: