Well it is almost time for me to leave my job. I am getting ready for the final day...and I mean really getting ready. Even though I am not scheduled to leave until July 29 I decided I would pack up my desk today. So 2 boxes later, I have a majority of my stuff. Who the heck knew in that in under three years you could have 2 boxes worth of crap at work? I mean come on!!!! All I could think is I'm glad I'm bringing it home after we moved - otherwise my family really could complain that I have a lot of stuff.
Some of you may be thinking "You've packed your stuff already???"
But I want you to know I would rather be prepared than unprepared. Plus I was bored today and wanted something to do ~ however I did leave my paperclip chain to keep me motivated.
So I have been reading these newstories lately about people getting fired from their job because they are posting things about it on their blog.
I thought to myself "Oh my goodness, I hope I haven't posted anything bad!"
However, after careful thought and consideration I decided......Who cares?
I mean if I can't complain about my job what can I complain about? The only things I really get to do lately is go to school and work. Other than that I spend time at home. I could complain about the apartment and how Chris really isn't Mr. Clean but than I would chance him & I getting into a fight.....which really isn't worth it. After all, he knows he's not Mr. Clean, I know he's not Mr. Clean and now you all know he's not Mr. Clean. What else is there to say about it?
Speaking of Chris, he is currently in Minnesota. Sounds like his trip is going perfect. He flew in last night and arrived at 11:30pm their time (they are two hours ahead of us) and when he arrived he went to baggage claim to get his bags. (He checked two bags). Well let me just say he was supposed to call when he got to the hotel and the hotel is only about 25 minute from the airport. I did not get a call until Midnight our time which was 2:00am their time.
What happened you ask? Well I was asking myself that too. It turns out that America West decided that out of all the bags on the plane that Chris's bag really didn't want to go to Minnesota and they sent it to Las Vegas instead. Needless to say he wasn't too pleased about it. And come to think of it, neither was I. Not only did America West waste his time but they held him up to where he wasn't able to call me till midnight when I was expecting a call about 10:30pm. So now I have decided I don't like America West.
However, it must be the days for airlines because after a brief run in with a guy today at work who was with another airlines (which shall reMain namEleSs As to protect the non-innocent) I am ready to just begin driving rental cars everywhere. Started off normal enough - I received a call yesterday for a last minute booking today. No problem, I was feeling good so I offered them the room for 1/6 of the typical price (yes I was in a good mood). Now mind you that doesn't include food and this man's assistant wasn't sure if they wanted food. I said that is fine, they can order food from the restaurant if they would like. So they get here and all is going smoothly, they did order food from the restaurant and the day goes on. Well when it comes time to present them the bill, he received two separate ones. One from banquets for the room rental for the meeting room he was utilizing and one from the restaurant. Well I guess the man goes crazy about. Did want to pay with his credit card because his assistant told him it was all taken care of. So he calls me out and we begin to "discuss" what the issue is.
Let me be honest people. I still don't know what the heck the issue was!!!! I think he is just crazy. So I tried being polite but by the end of the conversation I had lost all my politeness. Let me just put it to you this way.
The last thing I said was "Well apparently there was a lapse in communication with your assistant."
He didn't like that and is calling my boss.
I felt like saying "Sir, I have a chain of paperclips counting down my final days.....do I look like I really care if you call. As a matter of fact please do, my name is Katie. That is K-A-T-I-E."
So my opinion is this. Yes, I represent the hotel I work for and I really tried to be patient but when I finally realized I had no idea why the man was complaining and he wouldn't say why I lost it. However, he TOO was representing his company! And I'll be certain to never fly with them and almost have the mind to call and ask who he reports to.
Well, that is my day in a nutshell. I'm missing Chris, finished two classes today and are looking forward to working on my desk that needs to be sanded down. What a day.
Love,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment